RE: IntesisBox Web

Hi Eric,

If you could send me details on external power supply for DK-RC-WIFI-1.

Hello,

Eric forwarded this email over into our support forum for us to reach out. Checking the user guide for the DK-RC-WIFI-1 it looks like it does not need an external power supply and should be getting power from the AC unit itself. If you would like to use an external supply you would need one that supplies 14v and can supply 110mA.

Regards,
Deryck

Hi Deryck-

How do we wire it?

Could you send us the wiring diagram so we can do it correctly?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry about that intended on including that in the last message. Here is the installation guide. https://www.intesishome.com/docs/DK-RC-WIFI-1_Installer_Manual.pdf

Regards,
Deryck

Deryck,

The installation manual does not show how to hook up the external power
supply to the board.

We have connected P1 P2 to the unit.

How do we provide external power supply to DK-RC-WIFI-1 ?

Regards

Ben

Hi Eric,

I am not sure if Deryck understands the situation. I am forwarding you his email.

By any chance you found the email where we can provide external power supply to the DK-RC-WIFI-1?

Regards

Ben

No Ben I have not found the old email.

HMS Support – in some cases, an additional power supply is required in Daikin RC applications. Where we have a USB port, the Intesis support team would recommend connecting a USB cable to it that was powered from an AC converter giving
an additional 5VDC boost.

In this case, there is no USB port to connect to. There is a way to boost the power, but I don’t recall what they recommended. Please get with Spain to see how they recommend boosting the power for the DK-RC-WIFI-1 when the Daikin wired
remote controller is also in parallel with our unit.

Hi Ben,

Looking at the installation documentation I have available I do not think we have an external power option available. I am checking with our team in Spain to confirm this.

Do you have voltage meter that you can use to check for DC voltage on the bus/controller connection terminals? Perhaps you have the wiring reversed.

Deryck

Deryck,

We verified the wiring. When DKRCWIFI is hooked up, the voltage measured at
terminals was approximately 12V and the indoor unit’s thermostat requires
about 16VDC. Without DKRCWIFI, the voltage is 16VDC. So we concluded the
wifi adapter was drawing too much power. That is the reason, we were looking
to hook up separate power supply for DK-RC-WIFI-1. But we don’t know how to
wire it.

Regards

Ben

Hello Ben,

I heard back from my colleagues in Spain, confirming there isn’t an option for external power for this device.

The DKRCWIFI device should not be drawing enough power to drop 16v to 12v. It typically only draws 110mA @14v. This sounds like you might have something wired wrong or something is damaged. When you measued the voltage, was the thermostat attached? If it is drawing 16V when the bus is providing only 14v this could cause the voltage to drop depending on its current requirements.

Does the DKRCWIFI work with out the thermostat connected? What is the make and model of the thermostat you are using?

What is the model of the AC this is connected to? I would like to see if we can find more info about the bus these are connecting to and verify the output it can be expected to provide.

Deryck

Hi Ben,

I wanted to check in and see if you were able to resolve you issue or if you are still running into issues powering the device.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.