RE: New form entry is submitted - Call Back Form - North America

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to explain the issue below:

I have configured a broadcast on “Change of state of trigger” on address 0x220. Then I have configured Kepware Modbus TCP driver to read/write to address 401041.

Here are my questions:

HuberDriver.cfg (16 KB)

Hello Thomas,

Looking at the configuration you do not have any output data configured, only a few randomly placed trigger bytes
0x206 transaction 2 query trigger
0x220 broadcast trigger
0x5FF transaction 1 query trigger (this one is in the general memory section and is not accessible.)

You also have a single variable data object 3 bytes long set for the response of transaction 1.

I think you are running into write issues since you are writing 2 bytes with the modbus write and the second byte is outside the configured memory range on the communicator.

I am unsure why it is sending the broadcast more then once. I tested you configuration on a device here and it only sent it once. Are you witing all three of those numbers? each write would trigger the message.

I am not sure what format an ascii float would be. Is it sending the number in ascii format?. The communicator only copys the data byte for byte and can not do any conversions besides byte swapping. You most likely will need to handle this on the field bus side.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.