Re: OCC and UNOCC mode and setpoint (DO NOT EDIT THIS:56289)

Ronnie,

Intesis is listening and has tried several times to resolve the issue.

Back to your shortly.

Regards

Ken Smyers

All,

I’ve tried my best to figure out what setpoint is controlling the Daikin unit via the IntesisBox. It seems that I’m getting no help from IntesisBox factory support. Why? It take days between answers. I still have no answer from the last email.

If anyone is listening, I thought the problem may be that the iTouch manager set to “Master.” We set it to “Slave” yesterday. No change. This morning, I logged into the system and it still was doing its own thing again. The point that is in control is most definitely “Setpoint_command.” That is the setpoint that the unit is maintaining. Every time I log in – no matter occupied or unoccupied – it is maintaining the Setpoint_command value. Why?

Furthermore, yesterday, I saw the Setpoint_status change to the unoccupied value. This was the first time I ever saw it do that – probably due to making the iTouch a “Slave” – is my estimation. That lasted 30 minutes and then the Setpoint_status reverted back to the Setpoint_command value? Why???

How do I take the Setpoint_command out of service where the unit will operate at the normal occupied and unoccupied setpoints? I tried taking it “Out of Service” but I received an error when trying to write to that.

Ronnie Rice

Controls Group Service Manager

Josep,

I verified all the UnoccupiedDeadandAction points were set to OFF. Below, I have a pic of all the points pulled in from the IntesisBox.

Here are the fan status’s at the same time I took the pic of the points from the Intesisbox. 3 of the units the fans were running, yet the zone temperature is above the unoccupied heating setpoint.

[/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f56e96da9a689c04ba089637b9cb85f5b0130e88.jpeg]

[/uploads/default/original/2X/4/48c61b11675d3f67db5312919c5c45fff55ea4d5.jpeg]

[/uploads/default/original/2X/d/de9f428e505279cf61426d76fc3402e5fa6df6db.jpeg]

[/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f3ccb4f7661cca8ecb4fe5a435305bd99bb35484.jpeg]

[/uploads/default/original/2X/6/6288453a00bafefcb029d7b36e74323f847cd10e.jpeg]

Ronnie Rice

Hello Ronnie,

There is the object UnoccupiedDeadbandAction, to control if you want the unit to switch off by itself when room temp within bounds.

Now, what I don’t make sense here is of the setpoint going to that particular value, which is not UCS or UHS. It means that this value comes from either any change on the unit from local panel, or from direct control of cmd setpoint in our device - this object always overrides any automated setpoint that would come from occupancy/unoccupancy functionality.

Josep Jorba
Technical Support Team / IntesisBox

– end_issue_response

Ken,

I have not heard a response to the last question posed about the IntesisBox not controlling to unoccupied setpoints.

Ronnie Rice

Josep Jorba
Technical Support Team / IntesisBox

INTESIS SOFTWARE, SL - www.intesis.comhttp://www.intesis.comhttp://www.intesis.com/
Phone: +34/938047134 (SPAIN)

Josep,

Please read Ronnie’s comments and advise.

Regards,

Ken Smyers
---------- Forwarded message ---------

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com

Hello Ken,

Can you forward me the email chain?

My contact email is kann@hms.se

Hi Ken,

Below is the most recent email from Ronnie concerning the issue:

Matt,

It appears that I’ve figured out the problem with the setpoint status and the setpoint command. I changed the write policy to the setpoint command so it doesn’t write all the time – only when it changes via the wall stat or the JACE. That worked. By the way, neither Ken Smyers or the factory ever got back with me on this issue.

I have an additional question that might be Daikin related. Why does the fan run all the time – even in unoccupied? According to Intesysbox when you set the “UnoccupiedDeadbandAction” to OFF (shown in the points list below), the unit only should be active or ON when the zone temperature falls below the heat and above the cooling unoccupied setpoints. Notice in the graphic below that shows the unit fan is ON and the zone temperature between the unocc setpoints, yet the “On/Off Status” is ON and the fan status is ON.

Thanks for the help.

Ronnie Rice

P1 Group, Inc.

13605 W. 96th Terrace | Lenexa, KS 66215

Proud Past. Focused Future. 100 Years Strong.

www.p1group.com

§ 913.529.5000

(O) 913-303-9051

Regards**,**

Matt Brewer

Territory Manager

8014 Flint Street

Lenexa, KS 66214

(main office) 816.298.6281

(cell) 314.974.4707

(email) matt.brewer@tmi-kc.com

(website) www.tmi-stl.com

**Follow us: ** Facebook

Contact us: SERVICE | PARTS

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED TRANSMISSION

• The message included with this email and any attached document(s) contains information from TMI which may be confidential and/or privileged. This information is intended to be for the use of the addressee named on this transmittal sheet. If you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the contents of this email information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify sender immediately so that we can arrange for the retrieval of the original documents at no cost to you.*

Ronnie,

Intesis is listening and has tried several times to resolve the issue.

Back to your shortly.

Regards

Ken Smyers

As for the Fan status, is that on status set in the AC? Also from what it looks like the value is high in the pics you supplied. Have you tried changing the states?

Topic closed due to inactivity.