Remote Access from South Africa

I have a Cosy131 EC61330 that was setup in Indiana. The WAN is configured for DHCP and LAN is configured for STATIC 10.10.10.53. The EWON works fine here in Indiana but now the machine is in South Africa and we cannot get ONLINE. There is no firewall and it has a dedicated router in their facility.

We changed the LAN to DHCP and the EWON was able to get ONLINE but now my PLC, HMI and VFD aren’t communication. The machine device IP Address structure is STATIC 10.10.10.100 , 101, 104…

So I and local rep are kind of at a loss here.

Is the rep able to get on the cosy locally and create a backup with support files included so we can have a look.

Zach,

The local guy was an IT person that wasn’t really local. He had to fly out today. So the answer is no.

Regards,

It sounds like the LAN and WAN were having subnet conflicts since ones you changed the LAN IP the device showed up online.

Zach,

So if the WAN and LAN subnet masks are the same, this is a problem?

Yes, so if both ended up being in the 10.10.10.x subnet that would have caused the device to to show as online. Which seems to be the case since when the address was changed it was online again.