Remote brwosing sub net - Allen Bradley

Hi, I have a Cosy 131 on site. I can log in to PLC’s via my laptop (I believe because I have accessed locally when I’m There). Today I have set everything up on a desktop in my office with ecatcher/plc software etc. When I go online with Cosy, I cannot browse network via RS linx, it will not show available PLC’s for me to create the patch.

Am guessing if I took desktop to site, hooked up locally it would then work.

Is there any reason I cannot browse to find plc’s IP’s through Linx via Cosy?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,

When you’re connected to the cosy 131 is your PLC responding to pings?

Hi Tim,

Yes, just tried it

Can you try this PLC discovery doc and see if that fixes it?

Sure. I’ll let you know how it goes

1 Like

Hi

Done all this, no success.

When I go to ‘who’s active to go online’ in RS Linx, I just get all red cross. The IP address of the Ewon flashes in the list though which seems odd, unless that’s cause it is broadcasting to??

It’s frustrating as I connected to this yesterday for my first remote support outing and it worked fine.

No joy

these documents are a little dated but they show another way to connect if plc discovery doesn’t seem to be working. There should be 2 pdfs at the bottom

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/cosy-131-plc-area-allen-bradley/allen-bradley

If it’s still not working after that can we jump on and take a look through teamviewer

Hello

I have another issue if you could take a look. I have asked before about it but still couldn’t get it working.

Set up is a Cosy 131 set the local LAN (192.168.10.200)

When I go in remotely, unless I am on a PC that has connected before and has the history in the connections list, it will not browse and show up available PLC’s on the LAN.

PLC’s are Allen Bradley Compactlogix. Software Logix 5000/RS Linx.

Thanks

Hi,

I see Tim had shown you a link to some documents earlier on this. Did those end up helping? they are the ones that follow.

Hi

Anything on the ETH connection via rs linx works, if populated in table but when I ‘RS WHO’ ETHIP I see nothing. Just red crosses against any old connection or connections that should show as available.

Regards

Have you set these devices to have the cosy 131 LAN IP address set as their gateway address. In RSlinx it should be mapped as ethernet devices and not ethernet/ip devices. Also make sure the LAN IP address of the cosy match on both the device and in eCatcher.

Thanks Zach

I will try this.

Worked thanks.