Replace AB7845-B with AB7845-F

Hello,

I’m trying to replace an older AB7845-B module with a new one AB7845-F. I can’t communicate with the old module with the Hyperterminal. I have all the settings made and the corresponding cable, but when I try to connect and press the ESC key I get a series of strange symbols. Please help me get through this phase. Thanks.

Hello,

Can you share a screen shot of the text you are seeing? It sounds like you might have some of the serial settings incorrectly configured so the data is not getting interpreted correctly.

Deryck

Hello,

No, I don’t have. When I press any key, strange symbols appear, as in Microsoft Word.
Thanks

Hello,

No, I do not have
When I press any key, strange symbols appear, as in Microsoft Word.

No, I do not have, but is strange signs, like in Microsoft Word symbols.

No, I do not have,
they are symbols like in Microsoft Word

Hi,

Can the cable be damaged?

Hello @stavrosbb,

Double check the baudrate and other serial setting and make sure they are correct. The text you are seeing sounds like one of the settings is incorrect. Readme.pdf (297.7 KB)

Also, you can reach your local support group via mysupport.hms.se.

Deryck

That’s how it looks

Those settings looks correct. Is this what you see after rebooting the gateway? This could also be a wiring issue where noise on the line is causing issues. Or perhaps you have made changes to the ASCII setup. Do your settings look like this?

Deryck

Hi,

I managed to get into the old module. what should I do next to bring the configuration and implement it in the new module.
Thanks

Is the terminal stopping here? The gateway might be older and have a interface I am not familiar with. Does Configuration Manager X-Gateway establish a connection? If it does you could use that to upload the current configuration.

In HyperTerminal I would be expecting it to end with this screen:

After pressing enter I would expect it to show this menu:

From this menu you could look at the config with option 4 and copy it into a new config with the configuration manager.

or perform an upload with option 7:

Regards,
Deryck

Hi,

I have no connection with Configuration Manager X-Gateway. Unfortunately, I don’t even know anyone who could help me. I’m sure there are some commands to get to this menu. Unfortunately I did not find any manual for this module, maybe there I found this procedure.

Thanks

Hi,
There is another possibility, when I initiate the communication I appear to press the ESC key to enter an optional menu, but it only leaves me with a blank line and awaits orders. I do not know from there what to do and what orders to give.
thanks

Sorry for the late response, I went to check for an update from you and saw my message still pending.

The first screen shot I shared shows up when you reboot the module with the HyperTermianl connection open.

Manuals for the Legacy versions are available here: https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/other-files/hms-scd-1204-204.zip?sfvrsn=9977b4d6_4

The following doc should be the ones that apply to the AB7845.
Controlnet: ABX-CNTS_1_10.pdf (617.9 KB)
Profibus: ABX_PDPS_1_04_SCM-1200-126.pdf (512.7 KB)

We also have this doc covering upgrading: Migrating to the new X-gateway.pdf (278.1 KB)

If you are unable to get the IO sizes from the old device you might be able to look at how the interfaces are added to their respective masters and create a config from those IO sizes.

Deryck

Thanks for everythings. I have a free day tomorrow, but friday we speak. Friday i try everything you send me.
Best regards and thank you for all.

Topic closed due to inactivity.