Replacing Anybus X-Gateway AB7669-B with AB7669-F

Good morning @Jawi82, I’m glad to hear you are up and running!

I am not exactly sure what your meant by “the X-gateway web interface scanlist configuration differed so much from” RSNetWorx. Did you mean the way the tools look and operate or the actual configuration itself?

The RSNetWorx scanlist configuration did not seem to substantially differ from the configuration options available on the device’s web interface. I suppose what I mean is that it doesn’t seem obvious why the simple configuration with the A-B software worked, while the Anybus configuration would not.

The Anybus web interface can be used to configure the scan list if you know all of the required parameters… it just did not allow you to import the older configuration file. I assumed that you used RSNetworx to load the old configuration file and then download to the Anybus. As I mentioned last week, there were the 2 options:

I believe everything you just said is accurate, although we were not able to upload the old scanlist configuration file (the RSNetWorx version anyway) from the original gateway. We simply used the scanlist parameters we had some notes on, plugged those into RSNetWorx configuration you see above, and away we went!

Perhaps it was the fact that the web interface provides more configuration options?

Again, it is not clear why the attempts to configure the new gateway via the web interface failed - while the RSNetWorx configuration was successful - but the new gateway is now in service and we can reapply this solution to our other devices.

Thanks again!

You’re welcome!