Resetting EWON Flexy 205

Hi,

I am having a problem connecting my laptop to Flexy 205 using eBuddy. My laptop is not able to recognize it at all. I tried to perform a factory reset, but the equipment seems to be unresponsive. The USR (User) LED in Flexy is always a solid red/orange, and it is supposed to be blinking green. Also, the PWR (Power) LED is a solid orange, and it is supposed to be steady green. Any ideas about solving this problem?

Thanks,

Try powering down the device and removing all extension cards and ethernet cables from the device then starting it with nothing still connected. Once it starts you should see a flashing usr led. if you see that try connecting your laptop to a LAN port. You should be able to see the device in ebuddy.

Report after testing this.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I already tried removing all extension cards and ethernet cables from Flexy 205, but USR LED did not change compared to before and it is still a solid red/orange.

Thanks,

Hello Noor,

The next step would be to connect to the device though the LAN and perform a Recovery with Ebuddy. Starting the wizard will give you a guide walking you thought he process.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Thank you for your response.

I tried going to: Tools >> EWON Recovery >> Then inputting the serial number. After, a window appeared (attached is a screenshot). What version should I use?

Thanks,
Noor

I would recommend 14.4s1, the latest full release,

Hi again,

I tried 14.4s1, but the following window appeared (attached), and scanning network bar will indicate complete (green bar), then start again and so on.

I tried resetting Flexy 205 by pressing BI1, but nothing has changed. Also, what do they mean by not using a direct cable between Ewon and computer? and why do I need a switch (Are they referring to an Ethernet cable with a switch)?

Many thanks,
Noor

When it is doing this scan you need to power down the device then start it while holding in the BI1 button. Once it is detected it will request that you press the button twice more. Watch the on screen instructions for this prompt.

Place a 10/100 switch betwen your PC and the ewon. From the switch one cable would go to the ewon another to the PC.

I am on site now and I do not have a 10/100 switch. Is there a way to perform the recovery without the switch? Also, could you please clarify the function of the switch between Flexy 205 and the PC?

Thanks,
Noor

The switch is there to help with the auto negotiation, Since we need to quickly connect to the ewon while it is in its auto recovery state. You can try doing it with out one but they can requiring you to try again.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I tried multiple times, but nothing has changed. I guess I need to get a switch. Just to recap, I need to turn off the breaker that powers Flexy 205, then turn that breaker on while holding in the BI1 button, right?

Thanks,
Noor

Correct power down the device, by either disconnecting it or turning off the breaker. Then power it on while the reset button it being held in. You will see the BI1 led light up when it is being pressed.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I tried using my router as a switch (after configuring it). I tried using it between two laptops and it worked as a switch. Then, I went back to the site and use the router as a switch, connect to Flexy through the LAN, and perform a recovery with Ebuddy. When reaching Scanning network, the window is stuck and nothing is happening (As seen in the screenshot). Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Noor

Do you have a 10/100 switch? I’m not sure if using a router as a switch would cause issues.

I would recommend calling into our support line to review the reset process and discuss additional options. Contact HMS for Ewon products