Retrieve configuration file from Anybus gateway

Hello,

Is there any way that I can retrieve the configuration file from the anybus gateway?
I have a device that using to communicate between the controllogix to the melter of nordson, when I switch the melter control mode from CONTROL PANEL (control the melter at the its panel) to Ethernet IP for remote control, the melter trigger a fault and the communication get error.
when I use CONTROL PANEL MODE, I can read the data from the melter but cannot write, so I believe there are some minor fault in the configuration file, then I need to retrieve it for this case.

Hi,

Please check this post for the uploading the configuration file.

Can I do it with the ethernet port? I saw that when do the pinging, I can reach the gateway

I did try to connect to the gateway using the RS232-USB cable, select the right port, but still cannot connect to the device. What are the issues I need to solve?

You will have to connect to the device using the RJ-11 serial programming port. Under tools do you have the port configured to the one that the device is set to.

As mentioned above, USB-2-RS232 adaptor is one of the selection, but I still cannot connect and retrieve the config file. Is there any further setup and device need to be prepared.

Hello Iday, I did use the USB to RS232 cable to connect to the gateway, but still cannot connect and retrieve the config file from the gateway (it is Ethernet IP to RS232 gateway). Do I need any further setup in the software to do this?

Hi,

You will have to use the port labeled as 'C" in the following picture. This uses a RJ11 to DB9 cable. This port is the only way you can access the configuration.

AB7007

Inside the Configuration Manager make sure the COM Port is correct with PC and your USB to Serial cable connection and

My experience is always connects no problem? My AnyBus Communicator is the same as your Ethernet/IP to Serial gateway.

1 Like

Also, just so it is clear, if you are using a USB to DB9, that will need to be connected to the DB9 to RJ11. You cannot retrieve the configuration from a Serial Communicator through the subnet serial port, you must connect to the RJ11 serial port.