SD Memory card and memory expansion Flexy 205

Hi All,

We are looking to use a flexy205 to log data, we’re happy with the logging and emailing out a .csv once a week or whatever. Our only problem is that sometimes this eWON will not have the internet so the data soon stacks up. I’m just trying to look for expansion options and how and if we can expand with a memory card.

If yes, how much does it expand by.

If no, can I then chuck data onto the SD card to then re read back and send on? It’s just the inbuilt historical logs I have been using but if I have to do some other stuff with Basic IDE then thats not an issue. Even if I log to the memory card and then email it out that would work.

Thanks in advance.

So I did spot other posts while this was being approved saying it only allows extension of the usr… So my question is… Can I send files from the usr to emails? I’ve tried it but have something incorrect and imagine its a schoolboy error.

Cheers

Then can use the export block descriptor $DTUF to get the information from the usr directory.

2 Likes

Here is an example script for logging historical data on SD card:

Example of sending email using EBD:

Also, you can use a larger SD card than 1 GB if necessary (up to 128 GB max), but you must format the card using MBR (not GPT). Select the EXT3 filesystem and the 4KB cluster size. We recommend getting an Industrial Grade SD card.

1 Like

Thanks Kyle and tedsch2, I tested via chucking into the basic usr and found it works fine so just waiting on a memory card now and will use bits and pieces on this. Just having to get my head around the syntax etc, but plenty of help on here.

Thanks again!