Sending multiple transactions with single trigger

Hi,

Type: Anybus Communicator AB7007

I use the Anybus communicator for interfacing a proprietary serial/ASCII based protocol with EtherNet IP. I am able to successfully generate transactions (Query) and get the correct Response from the serial device, the transactions are generated via trigger bytes. One trigger byte triggers a single transaction.
Is it possible to do the following

1. Generate multiple transactions (say 2), with one trigger byte??
  2. Can transactions be sent in series, for example Transaction 1 is sent, the correct response is received by the gateway and this in turn triggers another transaction…is this possible?

I there a master simulator software for PROFINET networks? I would prefer a free one, as we only need to do some experiments.

Thanks
A

Hello,

1. Generate multiple transactions (say 2), with one trigger byte??
    You can set multiple transactions on one Trigger Byte. In the Subnetwork monitor, it will look like a overlap, but both will be sent out.
  2. Can transactions be sent in series, for example Transaction 1 is sent, the correct response is received by the gateway and this in turn triggers another transaction…is this possible?
    Trigger on correct Data? That will need to be set up on the Studio 5000 side. You will need to have the Studio 5000 side verify the device then trigger the next transaction, on a different Trigger Byte.