SendMail SMS Subject Tag

I am sending a SMS through the SENDMAIL command. Our Flexy does not have an sms unit.
What I am looking to do is insert a TAG value in the text message. Here is the code I have;

GetTime:
A$ = TIME$
d% = GETSYS TAG, “DailyRollTotal”
a% = DOW A$
b% = VAL(A$(12 TO 13))
c% = VAL(A$(15 TO 16))
IF ((a% > 0) AND (a% < 6)) THEN
IF (b% = 20) THEN
IF (c% = 18) THEN
Goto SendData
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
END

SendData:
Sendmail “**************@sms.talk2m.com”, “”, “Number of Rolls” DailyRollTotal@, “”

I have tried all sorts of things and I can’t get any tag data to successfully enter into the text. Thank you for any help

Hi @Dan_1,

Can you take a look at this guide and let me know if you have any questions?
Sending Emails with a Flexy.docx (433.3 KB)

Thanks,
-Tim

Tim,

Thank you for the help. I think the trick was to send it as a MMS and then I was able to enter the tag data into the “body” of the message.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Welcome!

Glad we could help get it up and running

1 Like

Tim,

Quick question, this document you attached, is there a library of these? I have searched for the last several days and all the previous guides I found, never mentioned MMS only SMS. This updated one you provided was great.

I’m not sure if there’s a complete list of all of the MMS providers just because there’s so many different cell phone providers and I don’t think all of them support the free MMS feature. I haven’t verified that these all work but here’s a list of the most popular ones by country https://www.opentextingonline.com/emailtotext.aspx

As far as I know this is something that isn’t well supported by phone companies outside of the U.S. so there isn’t too much documentation on it apart from the doc I sent and this post Email to a phone number

Thanks Tim

Welcome, let us know if you run into any other issues