Serial Ethernet IP gateway

Hello, My plant engineer has asked me to connect our existing chemical gas monitors to PLC. Need to know if your EN2SE-R gateway is appropriate for this application. This will be my first RS232 serial project. The PLC is an AB L33ER compact logix.

Link to the monitor, Appendix C for the RS232 information.

http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/minesafetyappliances/Chemgard%20Instruction%20Manual%20-%20EN

Thanks for any help!

Hello @cncsparky,

Typically our inside sales team @us_sales can help with questions so they might reach out looking for more info.

Looking at the user manual it looks like that device just broadcasts messages from the RS232 port. That manual doesn’t include much details on the messages that I saw but you should be able to configure the linking device to consume the messages and make the data needed available for your PLC to read. It looks like it is just broadcasting a stream of data rather then sending messages but the charts provided don’t provide much data. To say 100% this will work for your application we would need more details on the data being sent and how it is used/ interpreted.

Regards,
Deryck

The EN2SE-R should work for you. It can be configured for pretty much any RS232/485 communication. Just make sure you are running Studio 5000 V20 or later.

Rob

Topic closed due to inactivity.