Set up

Jeff Drabek
Account Manager

Jeff Drabek
Account Manager

Hi Jeff,

They wanted me to ask what the current VCI driver you have installed is and if you can install the version in the link below
https://www.ixxat.com/support/file-and-documents-download/drivers

You should be able to check the version that you’re using by looking in the spot shown in the picture below

Also can you let us know what the device does when you try and send a message?

This is what I have.

Best regards,

Jeff Drabek

I’ll let them know, can you show how the device responds when you try to send Can messages though?

Not sure what you mean. It appears from the CAN LED that there is no network activity. Is my firmware level correct? I really need an RMA Number.

Jeff Drabek
Account Manager

Hi Jeff,

Here’s what I heard back from Sweden -

• Can you check the wiring and make sure that there is definitely no activity on the CAN bus? Also can you send a screenshot of the CANAnalyzer V3 mini with the USB-to-CAN compact?

• In the picture that you sent it doesn’t look like there’s any CAN termination resistors. In the CAN spec it says that the CAN bus needs to be terminated with 2 CAN termination resistors. They need to have 120 Ohms between CAN_H and CAN_L at each end of the CAN bus.

Note: (The CAN transceiver of the old USB-to-CAN compact was more tolerant to the missing termination.)

• Can you send a screenshot of the Bus Settings dialog of the CANAnalyzer V3 mini? Also is the detection of the error frames activated?

• Can you send a CAN message using the CANAnalyzer V3 mini and send a screenshot of the CANAnalyzer V3 mini? He wants to see the status of the CAN controller and the receive window

Best regards
Andreas