Setting up IP address for Anybus Profinet AB7013-C

I have an Anybus Profinet communicator AB7013-C that I’m trying to set its IP address via ACM Rev 4.5. However I don’t see where I can set that since the Ethernet TCP/IP configuration section is missing from the fieldbus configuration screen!
The fieldbus type is Profinet IO

Thanks

Hi Altamira,

Typically for profinet you are assigning a device name to the device with the Master/configuration software. If needed you can set the IP addresses using our ipconfig software.

If you have not looked, we have an application notes for TIA and step7 on the files and documents web page.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Will the IP address set via the ipconfig utility holds after power cycling the communicator?
The HMS-Profinet_manual suggests any settings through HICP protocol will be lost if the “TCP/IP Settings” is enabled.
This same “TCP/IP Settings” is the one i reported now missing in ACM 4.5 and I believe was left enabled during first setup.

My customer wants to permanently force his specific IP on the communicator, and at the moment, I have no solution for him since the actual downloadable ACM seems no longer allowing TCP/IP manipulation.

Thanks for your time

Hi @Altamira,

You are correct the IP is not permanent when set with IPconfig.
I will need to look into what options are now available for setting a static IP.

Deryck

Hi Altamira,

The IP address stored on the profinet communicator can be changed though the internal webpage, IPconfig or though PLC assignment.
I was also wring in my previous post, the Profinet communicator will maintain IPconfig will be maintained through power cycles. This is also true for the other options too also If the IP is changed by one of the other methods it will over write the previous IP.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I just tried the webpage and IPconfig methods to set a static IP (192.168.10.99) on a similarly configured communicator, but it still reverts back to the originally set IP address (192.168.10.11). Here are my notes:

-The webpage method seems to have no effect on the communicator although it displays Configuration stored successfully. The IPconfig tool confirms that since it still discovers it as 192.168.10.11

• Changing the IP address to 192.168.10.99 using IPconfig seems to work, and webpage 192.168.10.99 can be reached. However, after power cycling the communicator it reverts back to 192.168.10.11

This communicator was configured using an older ACM Rev 4.2 that allowed to set the IP to 192.168.10.11 and TCP/IP Settings to Enabled. which according to the HMS-Profinet manual explains why it can’t be overwritten.

Question is still how can I get to the “Ethernet TCP/IP Configuration” section in the actual version of ACM so I can disable the “TCP/IP Settings”?

Thanks

Hi Altamira,

I have tested this with a ab7013 and with both the webpage and IP config the IP address remains after multiple power cycles.
Is your communicator still using the configuration from the 4.2 version of ACM? This might be the issue, uploading the config using the latest version of the ACM then re download to the communicator. This will update the communicator.

There is no Ethernet TCP/IP configuration section for the profinet Communicator.

Deryck

I appreciate your time on this.