Setup RS485 Communication via HMS-EN2SE-R

Hello,

i try to setup a RS485 communication to parameterize a device. I have the protocoll description next to me and i think i have setuped the HMS-EN2SE-R module in a right way. Anyhow it looks like the device is not getting any data and is also not sending any data.
Do i have any chance to troubleshoot or does someone maybe have a example configuration with an example communication protocoll?

Best regards

Hi,

If you go into where you setup the device there should be an option to start logging. You will want to choose log until full. This should show if any messages are being sent or received by the device.

Hi,

thank you for the answer.

I have setuped the protocol mode to master mode, add a node and put some constant bytes in the query. The query is sent out cyclically. So i should at least be able to see the outgoing data in the log, right?

Are you seeing information in the tx and rx of the log?

Actually, Not. The log always ends with the message that there was nothing to log.

If there is no log that sounds like either something is not set up correctly or It is not running.
In teh user manual there are steps on setting up the device with sudio called:

1. Studio 5000 Implementation Example
    https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-hmsi-27-354.pdf?sfvrsn=6909b0d6_4

Try following that and make sure Studio is set to run after.

Hello,

thank you very much for your support. I made it to set up the communication, actually the problem was hardware based. I had to add some resistors.

One more question:
I want to read the StatusRegister with the PLC. I have the problem that the mentioned handshake is not working SR_HS_SEND is not changing its state. So once CR_HS_CONFIRM and SR_HS_SEND are in equal state i can not proceed. ControlRegister Handshake is working.
Do i need to set something special?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You might be running into an issue where CR_HS_SEND is not being toggled. Keep in mind usually the last to bits are swapped on it too.