Several devices wont connect to the Bolt

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Anybus Bolt, several devices we have tried will not connect and provide an error stating “unable to connect to network” after the password has been entered. There are currently only three devices connected, Windows laptop, iPad and and iPhone.

The problem persists when trying to add any other device, windows or iOS. Any and all advice / help is much appreciated.

Hi @AndyB

Can you share your configuration? It looks like you are using the Bolt as an Access Point, but what frequency, channel, encryption, etc. are you using?

Do you have other devices that will successfully connect to it? If so, what kind of device(s)?

Kyle

Hi Kyle,
I am using 2.4gHz, either channel 4 or 6 and WPA encryption. Devices connected are currently, Windows laptop, ipad iphone, and apple TV. If i attempt to connect any other device another iphone, windows Surface or another PC then I get the “unable to connect to network” message after the password entry.

Can you tell me more about the max number of devices, or how to see this info? could this be part of the problem?

Yes, it sounds like that is the problem. The internal DHCP server is limited to 6 addresses and depending on the IP address you choose for the device, you will have less. If you want more devices to be able to connect to the Bolt as an AP than you will want to forward DHCP requests to another DHCP server. In the Network Settings, change “DHCP Server Enabled” to “DHCP Relay enabled.” You will also need to change the Bridge Mode (under WLAN Settings) to “Layer 3 IP Forward.”

Topic closed due to inactivity.