Siemens CPU 315-2 PN/DP to EtherCAT slave

Hello,

We are looking for solution to convert CPU 315 ethernet over ip to ethercat slave. I found this possible solution [Anybus X-gateway](http://Anybus X-gateway – EtherNet/IP Scanner - EtherCAT Slave) but couldn’t find more information on how this conversion works. Do we need to programme gateway? and is there any other solution apart from this. Any help on this problem is much appreciated.

Hi @Omkar_Lahurikar,

Are you sure the CPU is using Ethernet/IP and not PROFINET? Is there already an EtherCAT master?

If both are yes than the AB7682 would probably be a good choice as it does not require programming and is easily configured using the included Anybus Configuration Manager software.

Since this is more of a “pre-sales” question than a Technical support question, I am going to also copy @us_sales who can help you select the best product for your needs.

Thank you!

Kyle

We do not have a gateway with an EtherCAT master interface so if there is no master we don’t have a solution for this application.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Kyle, Rob

My bad, its profinet and not ethernet/ip. Yes, we have our internal Ethercat master.

So if you need the Profinet Slave to EtherCAT Slave you’d want the AB7684.

Topic closed due to inactivity.