Siemens Remote IO Communication Issue

Hello,

I have an alarm emailing application with a Flexy 205 connected to a Siemens IM151-8 PN/DP CPU. My topics of issue are that occasionally the communication from the Flexy 205 to the main PLC CPU is interrupted and also the communications from the main PLC CPU to a IM151-3 PN/DP Standard remote IO unit is dropped (this is a major issue). I have found on other forum posts about enabling a PUT/GET option on a S7-1500, but this is not applicable to my Siemens hardware. What could be causing this issue and is there a fix?

This needs to be enable to allow any access to these plc, I am doubtful that it is related to the issue you are seeing.

If it works some of the time and no others there could be something else on the network interrupting its communications. Do you see any errors in the event logs for the IO server you are using? Can you provide a backup with support files that I could take a look at?

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (209.5 KB)

The Flexy has been unplugged from the PLC network since September 30th.

The logs don’t shed to much light on the issue. It looks like there was a critical error and a duplicate IP on september 30th. The other error are just saying the IO server can not establish a tcp connection to the plc. Are you sure the addresses are all configured correctly?