Simulation of redundant profibus using anybus master simulator

We are using HMS PDPV1-SIM with Anybus master simulator to test our actuator control cards which has profibus RS485 interface. We have connected 2 different PC on which anybus master simulator is working with our GSD with one of our actuator control cards via HMS profibus dongle. Both the simulators on the 2 PCs are communicating with the actuator control cards properly. We want to simulate the same with one PC using 2 different ports available in our PC. Therefore we want to know whether it is possible to simultaneously access 2 different ports so that master simulator could communicate on 2 different network with my single actuator card and simulate the redundancy network as it actually happens on site. If not possible how do we simulate Profibus redundancy feature on master simulator. Please suggest

Hello Dhiren,
I appreciate if you can further clarify your requirement connectivity via block diagram. As such redundancy functionality is not possible in this software.
-Prashant

[GSD_redundant.GSD|attachment](upload:redundant profibus.pdf (331.4 KB) PQvYYP3zu62KEt0FpzWnloO6r.GSD) (2.2 KB)

Hello Prashant
Thanks for your reply. It would b helpful if you can suggest how can I confirm whether my firmware and GSD would work in redundant mode. The block diagram that my firmware is working on and the block diagram I intend to test is as shown in the attached pdf file. I have also attached the GSD file for redundant profibus

Hello Dhiren,
Thanks for your reply.but note that your expected redudency requirement is not possible with simulator software (single PC/software communicate with two port/devices simultaneously).

However considering your mentioned block diagram/requirement, may be you can consider Anybus Gateway (AB7801) as interface between single PC/software and two Profibus Slave devices!

-Prashant

Thank you Prashant. I would like to know how to build GSD file as per certain specifications or requirements if I am using my embedded device as Profibus slave so that profibus master can access the slave in redundant mode. Please give me some information related to this or at least provide a resource where I can get such information

Hello Dhiren,
Your query fall outside the scope of support for this product and fall more under design & development part. We are always happy to help you for our product configuration queries and related tech issues.
-Prashant

Hello Prashant,
Yes I do accept it is design and development work. Since we need to do design and development in this regard, please suggest do you have any profibus master which can read data in redundant mode as per our prepared GSD file. Here I should be able to modify the GSD and see how the master interprets it and interacts with the slave

Hello Dhiren
Thank you for your reply. for new application enquiry/requirement, suggest to contact your concern HMS Sales /Distributor team, they will suggest suitable product accordingly.
-Prashant