Slow connection cosy

Hello,

I have 3 Ewon 131 installed on customer site to remote access with Rockwell Compact logix PLC.

The connection is very slow it takes 2-3 minute to go online with the PLC and a couple hours to do an upload program.

The last ewon I bought couple weeks ago is a firmware 13.0

I have the same issue where even I am when trying to access the unit.

Last try was an Bell fibe 150 connection.

Is there anything that can be improved?

Hi Rene,

We do generally recommend people upgrade to the most recent firmware, either the prerelease 14.0 or the 13.3 release for potential bug fixes. But In this case I’m wondering if it might be related to the internet connection. Is this a 3G or 4G internet connection? Can you send us a backup.tar file with support files included from ebuddy?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hello Tim,

This is happening exactly the same on 3 ewon located on 3 different customer site. The ewon are all connected to very high speed internet connection.

I have been trying 3 different location with my laptop to connect with 2 different laptop. All the same behavior.

How can I get the log file remotely?

Here is the backup

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (180 KB)

Can you try and change the VPN’s connection from UDP to TCP?

You should be able to do this connection remotely because even if the test fails the VPN connection with TCP, it will revert to the previously working connection. It may take a few minutes for the test to go through though

I dont have that vpn option button showing.

René Martel

Sorry about that, the equivalent wizard for the Cosy is the Talk2M wizard

The talk2m ask for activation key, I don’t see any vpn option there.

René Martel

Martel Automation Inc.

Hi Rene,

That activation key is what you get from eCatcher, once you do that you should be able to get to the page where it asks you to choose UDP/TCP

Ok Listen,

That Ewon is online and running for a little while and I am not onsite.

How do is easily get easily to this.

Can I talk to you directly on the phone?

Hi Rene,

I just tried giving you a call but got a busy signal. You can reach us at 312-893-5636 if you’d like to give us a call. You should just be able to connect to the device and go through that wizard to make it so the device is using TCP instead of UPD though

Yes but i dont have the key they are asking for before reaching this setup

Do you have access to the eCatcher account?

I do

You get that key through ecatcher under the device’s properties > talk2m connectivity > activation key

Topic closed due to inactivity.