SMI Modbus TCP slave & AB9001 with Rockwell EIP Controller

@anonzhfkinoy
Hi Jarett,

As we discussed, it seems that SMI sent you a gateway that would typically be used with a Siemens controller (AB9001 Modbus TCP to Profibus) and is not compatible with your Rockwell (Ethernet IP) controller. We have a few different devices that could work for this, but the most similar to the AB9001 is the AB9006. (https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-modbus-tcp-specific/?ordercode=AB9006). The configuration should transfer the easiest between these two devices because they are very similar.

I am reaching out right now to find out the availability of a field tech for you in Phoenix and will either contact you myself or have someone else reach out to you to discuss. You can reply directly to this email or give me a call back at 312-893-5636 if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kyle Reynolds
Support Engineer

Can you quote me for that part or do I need to call sales?

So you are saying I would just have to use the AB9006 to perform what I need which is:

SMI PLC -> Anybus -> Rockwell PLC

Jarett,

You would need to contact @us_sales or a distributor for a quote on the AB9006. I will cc them in this email, but they can also be reached at 312-829-0601.

Based on the assumption that SMI successfully uses their device with Siemens Profibus controllers with the AB9001, the AB9006 will almost certainly work with a Rockwell EIP controller given the devices are almost identical except for the Fieldbus Protocol.

I reached out to the Field Engineers for you and am just waiting for a response. Were you interested just for the set up of this device or did you have something else in mind?

Kyle

I would like a field service tech that can set this up if needed and also has the expertise to be able to help me integrate it into my network.

OK thanks, @us_sales should be able to point you in the right direction. If our field service engineers aren’t available then we may be able to recommend someone else in Phoenix area as well.

I got a quote from local distributor. Thanks.

In regards to a field tech. How would I set that up?

You would have to contact sales. Usually your distributor can recommend someone local too.

Kyle,

Do you have any documentation to convert my transactions from my AB9001 to my new AB9006?

The User Manual contains all the instructions on how to configure the device. It should not be too hard to set up the new device if you have the old one because you can open both configuration pages, side by side, and duplicate the mappings in the new one.

Section 6.4 explains how the device is configured and everything you should need can be found on the Product Page.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need some help with the configuration process.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.