Solid Orange Light on Ewon Flexy

I have an ewon from a customer that was not updated with the new security certificate by the cut off date. (Ser. 1443-0037-21) I had them send it to me so that I could update this and sen it back. When I power it up all lights are green (PWR,DI1,DI2,DO) excpet for the USER light, which is solid orange.

I am unable to ping the device, see it on ebuddy, or through the browser by navigating to 10.0.0.53. While in ebuddy, I can attempt to set the IP by entering the serial number, but it never reboots the ewon, or changes the IP. If I try to run the eWon recovery, i will get all the way to securing communication session and it fails, stating “security negotiations failed”. I have tried both levels of factory reset to no avail.

Is there anything else I can do, or any path of reset that isn’t described in your documentation? I mean, anything…

Hi Macsnoogins,

Can you try the update/recovery procedure below? Also can you make sure that you have a 10/100 switch if you try the recovery procedure?

Tim,

Unfortunately, I have already performed these procedures. I am still unable to connect to the eWon, or even see it. It seems to be in weird half booted up state no matter what I do. It’s looking like this eWon must be toast as well.

Any other ideas? What do the lights indicate? (Green on PWR,DI1,DI2, DO…solid orange on USER)

If there’s any cards plugged into the device can you try and remove them and see if it boots up?

Tim,

Yes, I tried that as well. No luck.
I just did it again to verify, as well as, placing a new Ethernet card in the slot to no avail. The eWon is not able to be found or leave this “boot up” phase.

Do you know if the device was purchased in the last 3 years?

Tim,

This was either purchased in late '14 or early '15.

Hey MacSnoogins,

Unfortunately, if we can’t get the device to respond to a recovery and since the device doesn’t seem to be appearing on ebuddy there doesn’t seem to be anything else we can do. If you’d like you can give us a call at 312 893 5636 and we can try and guide you through a recovery one more time if you want to try it again.