Solid Orange

@anonafwjxlro
Device had a solid USR Orange light and no connectivity to the device.

The customer performed several troubleshoot steps to resolve the issue. They performed a level 1 reset, checked for a SD card, and did a couple power cycles.

I instructed customer to remove the wifi and cellular modem modules. Once the device rebooted, the Green USR light is restored.

I asked for them to send a back up of the unit, and to reinstall the modules one at a time to determine which module is causing the error.

Thank you Kevin!

Technicians were able to achieve blinking green USR LED on removal of GSM, WIFI, and WAN ethernet port modules. When attempting to add modules back in one at a time, addition of WIFI module resulted in solid amber. Re-removal of all modules and power cycle and USR is still solid amber. Issue (amber vs. blinking green) first appeared to be tied to modules, but seems to be intermittent. Backup files were not extracted while USR was green…attempting to wait for green again to extract files before doing Level 2 Reset…

Greetings, here are the support files.

Cheers,
DenisMOVED TO STAFF NOTE (178.5 KB)

Hello,

I took a look at the event logs and I see a lot of power loss occuring on the unit. What are you using for a power supply for this unit? Do you know what voltage and amperage is being supplied?

The power is not the issue. We have confirmed 24VDC feeding the unit. The reason you see many power cycles is because the unit will only intermittently (very rarely) boot properly. We right now are attempting power cycles to get the unit to boot properly with the Wifi expansion module installed.

Identify why unit will not boot please.

Hello,

Thank you for calling in. As stated on the phone, here is the list of Firmware versions for this device:

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/flexy-205-firmware/firmware-2

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer has been rebooting the device and has not been able to get a success for reboot. The device fails the boot cycle most of the time. I have reached out to them, and advised they call their distributor about getting the unit replaced.

Topic closed due to inactivity.