Status word not always with no error, but retransmission warnings

I’m not sure on the math, but 57600 bits is 7200 bytes so you should be able to every 50 or 100ms (50x20=1000 bytes per second) fine. I think using 10 or 20ms might be pushing it as then you are talking 5000/2500 bytes per second.

I guess my question for you is, why do you need the control/status word enabled? It seems like everything works fine if you disable it. Won’t you know the status anyway whether you are receiving data or not?

From reading the literature, when there is communications problems the registers are set to zero in your module to the PLC. When operating normal, for fault information we get zero values, and so do not know if the slave is having a problem, or the interface between it and the PLC. We were thinking that having the status information helps us react more quickly to the slave no communicating, or having issues, and the Anybus module indicating something at the PLC.

I am about to increase query timing to see. If all works out then this will be closed and considered solved.

Understood.

Just to clarify this, not that it really matters in this case, but you can choose whether to clear or freeze the data when the fieldbus goes offline.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Yes, we can choose to freeze, or clear, the data at the Anybus module. The machine builder chose to clear the data, and kept it that way. When the machine is E-Stopped the slave has no power and no communications, and freezing would not be a good option.