Support for nLight, B40 Ethernet/IP Conformance Testing

HMS Direct Customer nLight is looking for support for Ethernet/IP ODVA conformance testing. They have already developed two machines with the B40, and are working on a third. They have historically worked with Ian Tracy via email.

Below is their inquiry to Ian regarding their issues with the B40 and the ODVA conformance test tool. Feel free to reach out to the customer directly.

Contacts:

NLight

Vancouver, WA

Hi Dave, can you have them submit this as a ticket in auxilium

https://mysupport.hms.se/en-US/

Just want to try and keep all of the tickets in the same place if possible

Hi Tim,

My main question was about getting the system configured correctly to run the ODVA Conformance test for Ethernet/IP. So far, I have been looking at the log files to determine what has not been set up (correctly or at all) in the STC file, but I have reached a point where the log files don’t translate well to what I need to set up; the log files contain numbers and the ODVA Conformance application refers to items by name.

In any case, if HMS has something like an STC file that will allow me to get the system configuration described correctly so I can run the test, that would be great.

Hello,

I think I may need to check this with some colleagues and get back to you tomorrow

Hi Tim,

Just checking to see if there has been any update. I have managed to reduce the number of errors to 162 by using an older version of the STC file and just blindly copying some of the configuration parameters. I can attach the log file from the test run if you would like to see the results.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Here’s the STC file that I was using
SDK_STC.stc (10.2 KB)

You’ll likely need to make some in the file though. This can be done in the CIP Conformance test tool by going here:

After that you should get a box that pops up that will allow you to edit the Comm Data, Physical Data, Object Data, etc. You’ll need to make sure that the data entered here reflects your setup

I received the STC file and will test it this morning. Thanks for making that happen.

You’re welcome, let us know if you run into more issues

Hi Tim,

I have a series of errors (I am down to 24 from over 4000) and would like to know if you can provide any assistance in solving them.

They are part of the ODVA Conformance test suite for context and you will note that several of them are either repeated or a variation on a theme:

In the ListIdentity Response Delay Test 2 we get a single error:

• 276 1> *** The DUT does not generate response randomly as required by the specification, MaxResponseDelay: 1200 ms

In section 6.3.5) Forward Open T->O Multicast Matching Rules Test:

• 7959 1> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O RPI mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x112!
  • 8100 2> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O Priority mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x136!
  • 8199 3> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O Production Trigger mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x138!
  • 8256 4> *** The DUT returned unexpected success in T->O Production Inhibit mismatching test case, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x139!
  • 8389 5> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O RPI mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x112!
  • 8530 6> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O Priority mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x136!
  • 8629 7> *** The DUT returned unexpected success for T->O Production Trigger mismatching, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x138!
  • 8686 8> *** The DUT returned unexpected success in T->O Production Inhibit mismatching test case, expected General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x139!
  • 8992 9> *** This connection supports Null ForwardOpen but not declared in the stc file. Please update the stc file to rerun the test.
  • 12061 10> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x0000000F) 24 ms from the previous one sooner than 1/4 of API 25 ms when no Production Inhibit Time is provided.
  • 12096 11> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x00000009) 97 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12097 12> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x00000010) 97 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12142 13> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x00000006) 29 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12143 14> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x0000000D) 25 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12144 15> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x00000014) 25 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12191 16> *** The DUT shall return General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x011B or 0x111 (deprecated) when Production Inhibit Time is greater than the RPI!
  • 12702 17> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x00000006) 25 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12703 18> *** The DUT produced I/O packet(Sequence Number 0x0000000D) 26 ms from the previous one sooner than Production Inhibit Time 98 ms.
  • 12750 19> *** The DUT shall return General Status 0x01, Extended Status 0x011B or 0x111 (deprecated) when Production Inhibit Time is greater than the RPI!
  • 14465 20> *** This connection supports Null ForwardOpen but not declared in the stc file. Please update the stc file to rerun the test.
  • 19637 21> *** This connection supports Null ForwardOpen but not declared in the stc file. Please update the stc file to rerun the test.

In the Behavior Test

• 35530 1> *** The Capability Bits field is 0, please verify if it’s acceptable for this DUT.

In the Unused Services Test

• 40540 1> *** Unable to find NIC at address 0x3200A8C0.

I realize that without the details these might not really be solvable, but just providing context might help also.

Many Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Can you send us the Conformance Test logs for each of the tests that are getting these errors?

Sure, please see the attached. I have included the STC file as well.
Mars2Laser - 2019-08-16 - 24Errors.stc (10.0 KB)
Mars2Laser - 2019-08-16 - 24Errors.log (2.2 MB)

I’ll start taking a look through these, but can you try to break up these tests so that it’s just showing the tests that fail. It will just make them easier to narrow down and go through