Support for nLight, B40 Ethernet/IP Conformance Testing

Hi Tim,

I ran all of the tests individually and found that the Connection Manager, Encapsulation and Ethernet Link tests are the ones that are failing. I attached them to this email.

I talked with ODVA and some of these errors can be discounted; the real concern is the connection manager. We are going to try some different hardware and will update when we get more details.

Pete

Mars2Laser - 2019-08-27 - Encapsulation Test.log (23.0 KB)
Mars2Laser - 2019-08-29 - Ethernet Link.log (86.2 KB)
Mars2Laser - 2019-08-27 - Connection Manager.log (1.1 MB)

I’ll start with the Ethernet Link.log one,

This is one of the tests that passes or fails from a manual test and not something that the CTT tests. I think right now it’s just saying to check bits 0-3 and make sure those values correctly describe your device. It’s referenced in the EIP network guide below:

I’ll take a look and see what I can find out on the other 2 tests

Hi Tim,

I found that we had some newer Ethernet/IP modules in our stockroom. I reran the tests and was able to the results down to 6 Errors and 4 Warnings. (See attached). I am going to send these updates to ODVA and see if this is adequate for doing our conformance testing.

Mars2Laser - 2019-08-30 - Conformance.log (2.1 MB)

Are all of these devices on the most recent firmware?

The module version we use for the latest round of testing is 1.42.

Hi Pete,

Did you hear anything back from ODVA?

Sorry for the delayed response. With the updated ABCC Modules, we reduced the error count to 2 with 4 warnings which I believe are acceptable to ODVA. We are in the process of sending it in for testing.

Pete

Ok if you run into issues let us know

Topic closed due to inactivity.