Support for Yaskawa Wermac - Flexy to Yaskawa Drive via Modbus TCP

Hello Support,

Can I ask someone in support to call Matar Diop at Yaskawa? He has a Flexy 205 that he’s working to connect to his Yaskawa GA800 Drive.

https://www.yaskawa.com/products/drives/industrial-ac-drives/general-purpose-drives/ga800-drive

Our original discussion revolved around using Modbus RTU, but he’s now planning on using an option card in the drive to talk via Modbus TCP.

He’s currently working on setting up the tags.

Hey Dave here’s what we found out from the call:

Looks like his device had some conditions we had to meet. I had him download the Chipking CAS Modbus Scanner to test this. It turns out that his device had a 40012 offset for the registers in his manual. It also required that you measure at a minimum 2 registers at once. It also wouldn’t let you read more than 16 registers at once. He also had some questions on the KPI. I told him to make sure he’s on the new firmware to avoid the issue with those disappear. He also was asking about having graphs appear on the KPI, which doesn’t seem possible but I pointed him toward ViewON to make a page that could do what he was asking about.

Thanks for your help with this Tim. I’ll follow up with him.

Do you feel he’s comfortable and on the right track at this point?

I think he’s probably all set on reading values right now but he might have some questions on setting up the ViewON page later. We didn’t really go over that part, but I mentioned it to him near the end of the call.

Topic closed due to inactivity.