Support Modulo gateway Anybus

My name is Paula Torres I’m working on a project in which I need to communicate a sensor by Modbus Rtu, I’m using its gateway module, but I can’t establish communication between the module and the sensor. but I have communication between the modbus scanner software and the module.

Could you help me by indicating the steps I need to take in order to establish communication?

Thanks

Hi Paula,

Can you provide the serial number and/or the article number printed on the device?

It looks like the AB7702 but I want to be sure!

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Look at the serial,

image.png

Already consult the document, but I can’t find the error

Thanks

Thank you.

It’s a very simple device with only a few settings. You will just need to make sure the serial settings match with the sensor and it is wired correctly. What is the medium, RS-232 or RS-485? What is the baudrate of the sensor, the stop bits, parity? It looks like you just have the default settings.

These serial settings need to match the sensor:

Wiring:

If I already set that up. It’s the same in both the gateway and the sensor. But there is no connection.

Look at the sensor settings

I got these at the gateway.

image.png

But when I look at the modbus scanning software I only get a response from the module.

I don’t understand

I don’t see where it says RS-232 or RS-485. Your settings on the Anybus indicate that you are using 485 which requires wiring to the terminal block. Is this how you have it wired (3 wires)?

If I have it that way. I’m working for rs485

Can you send a picture of the wiring?

Look

What is the status of the LED lights?

Have you tested the sensor with another Modbus emulator on the PC? The problem appears to be either the sensor itself, the wiring, or serial configuration.

The leds are like that

Is it normal for link to be orange?

Yes, that is normal and indicates a 100 Mbps ethernet connection.

Please set up a Modbus master emulator (like Chipkin) on a PC to verify communication with the sensor, using the same cables.

Topic closed due to inactivity.