Talk2M Connection Failed - HTTPS dialog failed

I’m setting a static IP (I texted the internet connection and the IP address) but keep failing when trying to connect to Talk2M. The model that I´m using is: EWON 2101/GPRS.
Can someone help me?Captura2 Captura1 .
Thanks for the help.

Hi @Bad_Fate,

Can you explain what you mean by setting a static IP? Are you referring to the WAN (internet) connection?

Could you please make a backup using eBuddy (make sure to check ‘Include Support Files’) and attach that file?

Thank you,

Kyle

With static IP, I mean the following image. ![static|690x196](upload://njFF4aU9yPqyg6R2fS2dejjMh90.jpeg) Here you have the backup.[color=red]MOVED TO STAFF NOTE[/color] (34 KB) The password and the user is the default: adm.

This device is 10 years old and is probably not compatible with current cellular technologies. It’s the same as trying to use a cell phone that is 10 years old, the towers are using a different frequency and technology now. Does it have a new SIM card?

I´m using a new SIM card but with adaptors.

The logs are stating that the card is not inserted correctly. Unfortunately I don’t think you are going to be able to find a SIM card that will work with this device as cellular technology has changed so much over the last 10 years.

Topic closed due to inactivity.