Talk2M Connection Failed - HTTPS dialog failed

I’m setting up a static IP and I’m able to establish a successful internet connection but keep stumbling when trying to connect to Talk2M. This cozy was last active in Nov of 2017. I’m not sure what info I’m missing and troubleshooting this remotely in Chicago. Cozy is in CA.

Successful%20Internet%20Connection

Talk2M%20-%20Activation%20failed

@AB-Graphic-USA

The internet connection check means that you are able to receive an IP address from the network, and this will always be green if you are using a static WAN IP regardless if you can route to the internet.

The errors in the Talk2M wizard may mean you are unable to route the internet.

Can you please re-run through the internet wizard and check the box that says “test online address” to see if you have a valid WAN connection?

Ah, I understand. I re-ran the test and the connectivity test failed.

Test%20Online%20Address%20Failed%20Screen

Events%20Log

@AB-Graphic-USA

Which type of Cosy are you using?

Have you tried using the Ethernet cable that is providing internet to the Cosy (WAN port) on a PC instead? If using a static WAN, use the same credentials on your PCs LAN adapter that the eWON would use to test whether the cable/credentials are working as intended.

I apologize but I’m a bit of a rookie. Could you elaborate on where I would adjust the PCs LAN adapter credentials? I’m passing this info along to a technician on site.

Sorry, I forgot to include that we’re working on a Cozy 131.

@AB-Graphic-USA

You can adjust whether your Local Area Connection network adapter is using DHCP (obtain automatically) or static for its IPv4 settings. If you are using static credentials that were provided by the IT department on the eWON then you can try entering these credentials on your PC instead to test whether the cable is working.

This location of the Local Area Connection network adapter is dependent on your operating system but for windows 7, it’s located here: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Thank you for the clarification. I just heard back from my tech and he was able to get a network connection on a PC from the cable we’re working with. He’s plugging the cable back into the WAN port on the cozy as we speak.

@AB-graphics

How long is the ethernet cable from the eWON to the nearest switch?

Can you please provide a backup of your device using our eBuddy software (including support files) so I can take a look at the device settings/logs?

I’m afraid we’re in a bit of a holding pattern right now. The technician on site is running low on time so they’re completing the work by circumnavigating the eWON. I’ll ask about the cable length though. We might be replacing the eWON but that decision hasn’t been made just yet. I’ll make sure that I follow up with you once I’ve got the backup created but it might be another day or so.