Talk2M Connection log

I have a Ewon Flexy 205 device with serial number 1835-0110-24, named FilterRX.

It currently shows up having the larger amount of traffic of my devices.
It doesn’t make any sense because I’m not doing any logging to mailbox.
Can someone please explain?

Hello @landersson,

Where are you measuring the traffic usage? Is the data though a simcard or data on the VPN?

Deryck

I would like to know that too.

It’s whet shows up on the Talk2M Monthly Connection log under Device Usage.

The column is labelled “Traffic (MB)”.
This particular device is on my customers LAN so no cellular.

Hello @landersson,

This is showing you the data traffic thought he VPN. This would include connections the ecatcher and M2web. If this is higher then expected someone might be connecting more often then expected or leaving a connection open for extended periods of time. Data mailbox should be showing up in its own column.

Deryck

or any other method to determine what’s using up the vpn?

It doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m not using the M2Web api for this device.
And this device is posting all data to an on premise MQTT broker.
The only thing over VPN is to just show online/offline status in eCatcher.
But just to make sure, can I disable this device to be available over the M2Web api ?

Any updates here? This device is now showing 2.1 GB Traffic in the device usage report and I don’t understand why.

@landersson,

Are you connecting to the device via m2web.talk2m.com or through ecatcher? This would be where the traffic is coming from.

Deryck

Ecatcher

Typically high data usage like this is from leaving a connection open all day. Disconnecting and only logging in when necessary should reduce your consumption. If you need to live monitor data I recommend setting up KPI’s and alarms.

Deryck

No one else but me is logging in to this Flexy.
It would make more sense if this usage was coming from the device named ADGO1 and not FilterRX.
Can we be sure there is not a reporting by name error.?

The report is built by the server, I do not think there is a way for this to be incorrect. Could you have left a connection open?

Deryck