Talk2M Data Volume and Slowness when doing PLC upload

https://www.ewon.biz/cloud-services#Talk2M-Pricing

1. What does this data volume of 1GB and 6GB refer to? Does it mean we will encounter slowness after a certain amount of data cap? for example, once over monthly data cap 1GB and it throttles down as the month goes by?
  2. If we are using NAT1:1 to get data what is the limitation of the speed?
  3. Team is experiencing no connection from E3EclipseEwon to the connected device in the local LAN side 192.168.3.35 I have attached the backup. Please help to identify the issues. Cosy 131
  4. Team is experiencing slow PLC upload speed from E1EclipseEwon, I have uploaded the backup file. Please help to identify any issues. Cosy 131

@us_sales Can you provide more details into how these limits are applied?
We do not see many customers hitting this limit. My understanding is that the limit is not applied immediately. I am reaching out to see if i can get more info on this question.

A lot of factors come into play when it comes to the speed limits for 1:1. From testing with a cosy 131 or flexy 205 direct LAN to LAN connections are around 70Mbps. When you are going through the NAT1:1 it is about 35Mbps. On a flexy 20x where a FLB card is used for the wan you might see as low as 20Mbps.

Looking at the most recent logs in the E3 backup it looks like the rewon is not receiving a IP address from the DHCP server. The device could simply be disconnected or there could be other local network issues.

The backup uploaded was E15EclipseEwon.tar I assume this is the same device. I do not see any errors in the recent event logs. This could just be an issue with general network congestion.

For the Free account the 1GB is not really enforced. We do not throttle your connection or suspend your account for going over. Its more of a fail safe in case a user would start to use absurd amounts of data that was compromising our service we would have the right to throttle. To my knowledge this has never happened.

Talk2M Pro is a credit based service. For Pro you are given a certain amount of credits when you upgrade to Pro. 972 to be exact. If you use the service within the terms (3 concurrent users, 6GB data traffic, 50 SMS messages) your account will last 12 months (972 / 12 = 81). If you go over these thresholds you simply start using credits up at a faster rate. For data it is an additional 5 credits per 1GB.

Hi D,
Thanks for your quick reply. We are just looking at if pro account will give us a faster speed but it seems like the only difference in data speed/volume between free and paid account is data volume of 1GB and 6GB. So I am trying to understand what does that refer to? any impacts/cause to the current slowness issue we encounter. The data volume is listed in the pricing details: https://www.ewon.biz/cloud-services#Talk2M-Pricing

Hi Derek,
Those two files are from different Ewons.

Thanks for the explanation. That is very helpful.

Where are you and the ewons located? One thing we can check is to make sure you are not connecting to a server across the world.

Deryck