Talk2m Flexy Crash

Hello,

I have been using my flexy for about a month now and have had success gathering my data and using viewon to put it in a useful format for real time monitoring.

My next step is to use historical logging to do some analysis on trends on performance.

I want to use talk2m to move this data off of the flexy, but when I have gone through the talk2m setup my flexy crashes.

It shows up in ecatcher, but when I try to use the activation key to connect in the talk2m wizard on the flexy, the flexy crashes, and has to be rebooted before it can be connected to again over my network.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thank you,

Riley

Hello,

In order for us to have a better idea of what is occurring, we would need to look at the back up of the unit.

Can you provide a backup with support files? This can be done using ebuddy while connected to the unit.

I was able to run the diagnostic at the end of the Talk2M wizard.

This image is what resulted.

The wizard suggested that I use a Proxy, I know that my IT department has said that would be a pain but does this sound correct.

I have also included the backup of my Flexy.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.4 MB)

Any update on this?

I’m not sure what “MOVED TO STAFF NOTE” entails.

Hello,

Are you assigning a static WAN ip to this device? Or are you using DHCP. The unit looks like it’s not getting Internet.

In the Internet Wizard, does it pass both steps? The WAN connection step is used for getting a WAN IP. If you are assigning a Static IP, it automatically passes this test. The Internet Connection test is the step where it confirms its able to communicate with the internet by sending pings to various servers.

Also, I would try “Forcing to TCP” in the advanced Parameters section of the VPN Wizard.

I also saw in the backup, you put a significant amount of code in the cyclic section. I advised putting that code in the Init section. This can cause issues with device and may lead to reboots.

Kevin,

The unit passes both steps of the internet test.

The “Forcing to TCP” setting did not solve the issue.

Also, I assume that the init section only runs once on the start of the IDE script run.
I’m fairly certain that everything that is in the cyclic section needs to be running repeatedly.

Hello,

The cyclic section is the base code that runs the unit. The Init section does run at boot up, but can be used to run code during the operation of the unit. With code on running in the cyclic section, it can interfere with the base operation.

Do have the *.talk2m.com whitelisted on the firewall? See the embedded link for Firewall rules for our units.

Hi Kevin,

Tim actually solved this issue incidentally in another support thread.

However, during the fix we had to factory reset my flexy, and for some reason the Basic script wasn’t brought back with the restore I did.

I know that you saw my script when you looked at my config earlier in this thread, do you think that you could help me get a hold of that script?

Thanks,

Riley