Talk2M VPN Connection Time-out (EW26204)

Hello everyone,

Today, One of our clients informed us that they faced a problem with one of the eWONs that installed in an equipement for the purpose of remote maintenace.

Ewon model number: EW26204
Problem: Talk2M connection Timeout
eWON firmware: updated to the leatest version available for this model.
Window OS: Window 7 32-Bit
Internet Connection: Established well.
Talk2M Connection Checker Log File Says:

• This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher
  • INFO TLS1.2 not supported by the installed .NET framework.
    Internet Router Firewall: Disabled
    Windows Firewall: Disabled
    Even Log: wanmgt-VPN Stopped for reconfiguration

What is the reason for this problem and how can we solve it?

Thanks,

Hi Ahmed,

It appears that you are using a 32-bit version of Windows 7 which is not supported by recent versions of eCatcher. Can you update to a 64-bit version of Windows? There is very little support for 32-bit Windows these days. You are probably going to have problems other than just eCatcher.

If you can’t update, you can try using an older version of eCatcher:

eCatcher 5.1

1 Like

Hi Kyle,
Thank you for your reply. I’ll try this version of eCatcher first and if it doesn’t work, i’ll install 64-bit windows. but i have another problem of establishing a VPN connection using eWON web interface that gives me VPN connection time out, i hope you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Can you make a backup of the Ewon using eBuddy and check the box for “Include Support Files” and share it with me?

What type of firewall is on the network? Are they doing SSL/TLS inspection or “deep packet” inspection? Do you need to use a proxy for internet access?

Please see: https://ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/talk2m-status/talk2m-vpn-servers