Technical Question Relevant to Anybus Bolts

Hello,

I have a question that is to directed to Service / Support Engineer personnel.

I have (2) Anybus Bolts (Both Model# AWB2030-B, Serial Numbers: A042F60F and A042F619). We were in the process of setting them up via Ethernet Communication and everything seemed to be fine until we set up one of the units with Easy
Config. Option #5 and the opposite unit as Easy Config. Option 4. The IP addresses of both units were changed from the Factory Default settings (One unit was 192.168.0.3 and the opposite unit was changed to 192.168.0.4)

At that point the one unit that was set up as Option 5 went to PROFIsafe mode and the communications was lost with the unit configured as Option 4. Multiple attempts were made to Reset both units via the Reset button in an effort to re-establish
Factory Default settings. All attempts were unsuccessful.

At this point both units are unresponsive and communications are not possible with either unit via the web interface feature.

Please provide any input or advice that will assist us in correcting these errors.

Thank you in advance.

Lance T. Walls

Hi Lance,

Do the devices still show up in HMS IPconfig?
https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/ipconfigtool.zip?sfvrsn=6e1142d7_36

-Tim

Here’s another support request that came through last night. Please follow-up.

Thanks,

Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will have to load this software and get back to you.

Best regards,

Lance

Hi Tim,

Upon opening the HMS Ipconfig software, both bolts are recognized. But when the Device Webpage is opened with one of them, no data fields are populated. There is continuous rotating circle in all of the fields as though it is working
or searching. The Device Webpage for the opposite Bolt is as expected, with all fields populated with data.

Thanks again,

Lance

Hi Lance,

It could be that the device that only shows the loading bar isn’t actually loading and it’s just the webpage information is cached on your browser. Could you try and load that one that’s having issues in a different web browser and see if it’s still stuck at that screen? Also is it responding to pings?

Hi Tim,

I checked to see if was cached, but it wasn’t. The only way I could get both to work was by changing the IP address of the one that was having the issue. Bolt #1 had its IP address set to 192.168.0.3, and it was fine. When I set Bolt
#2s IP address to anything but 192.168.04, it worked fine. 192.168.0.99, 5, 10, etc… worked fine, but when I set it to 192.168.0.4, it did not allow me to access its web page.

Thanks,

Lance

Any chance there’s already something connected to your PC that has the IP address 192.168.0.4?

Hi Tim,

No, that’s the puzzling thing – there is nothing else with that address.

Could we set a time for me to take a look at this tomorrow over teamviewer?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

Tim,

Could we make it sometime next week? I will not be here tomorrow.

Thank you,

Lance

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

That works for me, is there a day/time that works best for you? We’re available 8AM-5PM EST

Topic is closed due to inactivity.