Technical Support for Anybus AB9007

Hi,

We are trying to configure one of your products that we recently purchased, but are needing technical support to make a connection. I tried your technical support forum, but the request doesn’t seem to be going through. Can you forward this technical support request to someone who can help? Need this resolved ASAP.

We are using an Anybus AB9007 and are not able to access to the web server using the default IP address in the manual. When trying to connect using the Ipconfig tool and the MAC address, we get the error shown in the attached screenshot. Also, the IP address appears to be 0.0.0.0. Can you provide some guidance on this?

Thank you,

Teri

Teri Dittmann, P.Eng.

Hello Teri,

It looks like Rob forwarded this request over into our hms.how forum, but the images were lost.

The device has two ethernet interfaces, the ports on the front are just for profinet while the ports on the bottom are for the modbus TCP client and configuring the device. Make sure you connect to the port on the bottom and set an ip using the HMS IPconfig tool.

Once you setup the Modbus TCP Client you can move to configuring the Profinet interface. From your Profinet Master you can Assign a device name and IP address as needed. The GSD file is available on the devices support page. https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-modbus-tcp-specific/?orderCode=ab9007

Let me know if you have any questions.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Thanks for the reply. I have used these gateways several in the past, and have set them up myself successfully without issue. The problem is that this particular gateway is in South Korea where I am not able to get to, and have hired someone local there to try to set it up in my absence. I have provided him with the manual and very detailed instructions, including telling him to connect to the Modbus ports on the bottom, but I’m not certain if he has done that or not. He has already spent an entire day trying to establish a connection and because I have never experienced this particular error before, I’m not able to provide much more assistance on my own. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error for your reference, and have asked him to confirm that he is using the bottom ports rather than the Profinet ports in the front. I won’t hear back until later tonight due to the time difference. The PLC program he will be using has already been proven on another identical project so I’m certain that we have the correct GSD file and configuration, we just need to get our configuration file loaded onto the Gateway. He is saying that the IP address is 0.0.0.0. Would that suggest to you that he is connected to the Profinet ports?

Also, he is thinking of purchasing an SD card, and loading the configuration onto it. I’ve never tried that before, do you foresee any issues with doing this?

Because of the time difference I have to provide him with as much troubleshooting assistance as I can via email, and hope that it is enough to get this solved. Any additional info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Teri

Hi Teri,

Looking at the screen shot it looks like he is most likely connected to the correct port on the bottom. The error is telling him he is leaving a field blank, in particular I see the DNS address is blank. Have him set both to 0.0.0.0 to resolve the issue. Once that is done, with a Ip assigned to his ETH adapter in the same subnet he should be able to access the webpage and configure or upload the configuration.

The SD card option would also work but I expect he will will still need to set the IP with IPconfig.

Regards,
Deryck

Hi Deryck.

Perfect, I will pass this along. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Teri