Technical Support Request

I am looking for support on a DK-RC-BAC-1. I had previously talked to someone at the Chicago location 312-829-0601.

There is a posting in the Anybus Forums, but I can no longer click to go to it. Acts like it has been moved or removed.

DK-RC-BK-1 Bacnet Automatic Command Error for OccupiedCoolingSetPoint
https://forum.hms-networks.com/t/dk-rc-bk-1-bacnet-automatic-command-error-for-occupiedcoolingsetpoint/46199/4

We are an Intesis Distributor… My customer is needing a response on his issue.

Abel B Ramirez II

Technical Director

Control Tech Supply

11258 Goodnight Lane, Suite 101

Dallas, Texas 75229

972.243.6884 ph | 972.243.6886 fax

www.ct-supply.com

Hello,

My aplogies. We have been adjusting the catagories for Intesis to our forum page.

I did post a response i recieved from Spain.

"Hello,

What is the OccupiedHeatSetPoint value? There is a min difference required between OccupiedCool and OccupiedHeat. Due to the Celsuis to Farenheit degree translation, the difference is must be atleast 4 degrees Farenheit."

If the OccupiedCoolSetPoint and OccupiedHeatSetPoint are within 4 degressm, it will cause an error. What is the value of the OccupiedHeatSetpoint? I

Yes I kind of assumed that could be an issue if the values overlapped, although I would not expect it to actually cause a problem in Niagara.

• OccCool 73
  • OccHeat 70
  • UnOccCool 85
  • UnOccHeat 65

Adjusting OccCool to 74° shouldn’t be an issue in regards to the other settings. The comment you made about the 4° differential is interesting since everything seems to work ok when there is only a 3° differential by default.

4° seems a little wide to me and doesn’t leave much room for fine tuning though. So does the differential need to be 4.1°? or 5°?

Hello,

I would adjust it to 75. Its based on the conversion, but i would exceed the 4 degree requirment.

I wish to try to see if the automatic scan and temperature differential are related, or if it is conicidental.

Yes, we did adjust the setpoint several times at several different increments, which led to me just sending a BACnet Auto command while it was at 73° and working and it still faulted out afterwards.

Evidently there are no issues with adjusting the other setpoints. Only that particular one.

Can you have the customer take a picture of the dip switch configuration of the unit?

Abel,

Support would like to know if you can send them a pic of the dip switch settings.

Eric W Dunn

Intesis Sales Director Americas

HMS Networks

Email: erd@hms.se

Office: 312-819-2556

Mobile: 812-946-0952

www.hms-networks.com

You can ask our customers for this direct y’know.
:wink:

Eric W Dunn

Intesis Sales Director Americas

HMS Networks

www.hms-networks.com

Summary

This text will be hidden

No word back from the customer… Will wait to hear from him Monday.

Attached is a large image the Customer made to show the various DIP switch settings.

Abel Ramirez II

Technical Director

972.243.6884 ph | 972.243.6886 fax

Support,

Here are some pics that the customer was asked to provide

Eric W Dunn

Building Automation Sales Lead – North America

HMS Networks

www.hms-networks.com

Hello,

Thank you for the pics.

I need someone to call me… this transition for tech support has not worked well for me. It has been almost 2 weeks. I need some definitive assistance to the problem.

972-243-6884 office
-= Abel =-