Timing paramters and Ethernet configuration

I am working on a AB7072, ulitmately this will be connected to 10 pressure gauges, in a Serial to Ethernet IP configuration.
On the serial side, the max baud is 57,xxx hz., which is pretty slow when you connect this many devices. However not all the pressure gauges are of equal importance. So my question is, is there some way in the Anybus Configuration Manager that we can “scan” some of these more than others? I’m thinking the Timing parameters are where to look, but I wanted verification on that.

A second question.is that I need to reconfigure my Module Properties in Logix 5000 to accomodate more than one pressure gauge. Right now my Connection Parameters are 100 (Assembly Instance) and 12 (8-bit size) for the Input. 150 (Assembly Instance) and 2 (8 bit size) for the output. My configuration is 1 (Assembly Instance) and 0 (8-bit Size). This was for one pressure gauge.

So looking at my Subnetwork Monitor, my Input area is now 173 bytes and my Output area is 34 bytes and my General Area is 529 bytes.

So how does this relate to the numbers in the Logix 5000 Ethernet Connection Parameters? Is it as simple as copying them over or is there some division involved?. BTW, the comm format is SINT and the style of connection is a Generic Ethernet Module.

Thank You

Yes you can adjust the minimum time between broadcasts to have the cyclic request happen less often. You could also change the update mode to triggered to only receive data when you toggle the trigger bit.

I am not sure i follow the second question. You would want to add additional gauges by adding nodes to the subnetwork configuration. In the requests you are mapping the data objects to the memory of the Communicator. You will then add the communicator to you PLC using the Input and output sizes as seen in the subnetwork monitor. This is assuming you have the IO size in the field bus settings set to Automatic. You will use the input and output sizes. The general area is not exchanged.

We provide the size in bytes, depending on the data type use in Studio you will need to convert the bytes to the correct number of data types selected. 1 byte == sint, 2 bytes == int, 4 bytes == DINT.

Deryck

Ok, so I did some experiments and I now see how the memory map in this device works.
I played around with the minimum broadcast time and it did not help much. I suspect this is going to be a slow network no matter what I do, as the max speed of the pressure gauges is 56K. That said, if anybody has any tricks for more speed, let me know.
Thanks