Transfer Flexy to another Talk2m Account

When a Flexy unit is added to a Talk2M account it is assigned a dev id. When I tested moving a Flexy unit to a different Talk2M account the unit was assigned a new dev id. Is it possible to transfer a Flexy unit to a different Talk2M account without changing the dev id?

Hello,

Developer ID’s are assigned to specific emails, and not generated through eCatcher. The key used by the ewon device for eCatcher is the activation key. Once assigned to the unit, it cannot be changed.

However, you can Activate by EWON Name. You would use the new account, provide the device name, and associated username/password

If you log into eCatcher and then look at the log file there is a unique id number assigned to each Flexy unit when it is added to a talk2m account.

That is the device id number that I am referring to. Sorry for the confusion caused by using dev id in the original question.

No update?

hello ted,

Have you tried activating the VPN connection using Ewon name, instead of the activation key?

The device ID would not affect the transfer of ewon devices between eCatcher Accounts.

I have tried moving it both ways and the number changes either way. Is there another way that HMS can move them that would not change the device id?

Hello Ted,

The DEV number is generated through individual listings of eWON devices through the account name. The DEV number does not transfer over between the listings. Example,

Account: Test 1
Ewon Device: Flexy Device 1
DEVID: DEV485361

Account: Test 2
Ewon Device: Flexy Device 1
DEVID: DEV896092

We currently do not have the abilit to update the Device number for eCatcher accounts.

Topic closed due to inactivity.