Trouble connecting to the web interface

Hello, I am using an Anybus Wireless Bolt, and am having trouble getting to simply start and configure it. I have the ethernet port connected to my laptop, and I can see when the Bolt is detected. I have changed my LAN IP address to connect to it, but it immediately returns an error message saying it refused to connect to the sight. I can assume with this it DOES see the device, but it won’t let me access said interface.

I have tried changing the Bolt’s IP address to match my default IP address and have also tried also playing with my firewall, both methods reaching the same conclusion. I am not sure what other methods to try to connect to the web interface and would be grateful with help in this matter.

Hello @Jonathan_Mangual,

To make sure I understand correctly you are directly connection to the Bolts LAN port then going to the default IP address, 192.168.0.99.

Where are you seeing the refused connection? Can you ping the bolt? When you do a tracert 192.168.0.99 does it go directly to the device or do you go though a gateway? You could be accessing a different device though you WiFi card.

Could you upload a screenshot of the error you are seeing to help better understand the issue.

Deryck

As you can see in the image below, I have directly set the device’s IP address to 192.168.0.99 to make sure. I can ping the device, but trying to connect to the web interface returns the screen in the background immediately. Hopefully I provided enough information here to see the issue.

)

You will need to set a different ip address on your PC then the AWB’s address. Try setting your PC’s IP to 192.168.0.98. With your PC at 99 the traffic is going to your own PC not the AWB. You can even see this in the ping request, it resolves to ENGITRAINING-2.

Deryck

I did change the IP address to a different one, but the problem persists. I did even when the Bolt is not connected the IP address returns immediately a “Refuse to connect” error message, while any other IP with the 192.168.0.XX subnet mask at least looks for the IP address and returns that the site couldn’t be reached because it “took too long to respond”. I still can’t access the basic web interface.

What Ip address did you set to your PC? When you ping 192.168.0.99 does it still respond saying its “ENGITRAINING-2” If you do then you are not reaching the Bolt rather a device with that address. Based on the previous screen shot it looked like the local PC.

Deryck

backtracking to simply leaving the AWB’s IP to default, I noticecd the reason why I was initially confused and changed the AWB’s IP, since I don’t see an option to edit my own IP in a LAN network. Is this because I directly connected the AWB to a power supply and the Ethernet port directly to my system?

There could be some confusion here. You have not done anything to change the Bolts IP address. You need to set your PC local adapter that in plugged into the Bolt to be in the same subnet as the Bolt. The default IP on the Bolt is 192.168.0.99/255.255.255.0 This tells you you need your PC adapter to have an address with the first 3 octets matching. So 192.168.0.X.

Once you have a static IP in that same range but not the same as any other device on that network you should be able to go to 192.168.0.99 in your browser.

You also can not have any other adapter on your PC in that subnet. If you run ipconfig in command prompt this will list out your adapters and ip addresses.

Deryck

Hello Deryck, sorry for the delay. I have changed the IP on the adapter that connects to the bolt as 192.168.0.20, and have no other adapter plugged into my system under the same subnet, proven using ipconfig. Even with all this, my laptop still can’t connect to the AWB’s address.

Do you get a link light on your network adapter or depending on what bolt model, do you see a link light on it? What do you see for status lights on the device?

Deryck

The adapter connecting to the port has a solid orange light, and within the AWB, through the button to press factory reset I see a blinking orange light within it. I don’t see any other indicative lights in the system.

It sounds like its operational. Is this a demo device or was it used before perhaps the default IP address is not set. Just to be sure try a factory reset to make sure it is at its default address.

If you are still having trouble connection it might be easier to discuss over the phone and with a teamviewer. 312-829-0601