Troubleshooting eWON Cosy's DHCP server on LAN side

I enabled the Cosy’s DHCP server by following these steps.

https://hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net/www/docs/librariesprovider10/downloads-monitored/manuals/knowledge-base/kb-0267-00-en-dhcp-server-on-lan.pdf?sfvrsn=586256d7_6

DCHP clients on LAN side are getting IP address’ from the range I provided and the DNS settings I entered however they can’t reach 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 to resolve DNS to IPs.

Hi,

Your devices do not have internet access. all that has been done is the LAN addresses are decided by the DHCP server you have setup. This is why 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 do not resolve. Is there a need for DHCP on the LAN side or are you just trying to give LAN devices internet access outside of the VPN tunnel?

Yes there is. Thanks for checking. I think I’ve solved this but would appreciate it if you could confirm I’ve done this properly by following the steps below.

1. edited COM.cfg
  2. changed Natif from 3 to 2
  3. changed FwrdToWan from 0 to 1
  4. clicked Save
  5. rebooted

I guess my question was about routing since there are no DHCP issues to troubleshoot. Feel free to change the subject if you think others may find this useful.

not either or / both and

Yes, there is a need for DHCP on the LAN side.
Yes, I’m trying to give LAN devices internet access outside of the VPN tunnel.

(replied again cause my first reply didn’t answer you actual questions)

Yes,

The change to NatItf and FwrdToWan are correct. If your still having trouble accessing the internet you will also need to set the default gateway on your devices to be that of the Cosy LAN IP.

There are only a few LAN devices who need internet access and they are getting their gateway & DNS from the Cosy’s DHCP server. It’s working well. Thanks so much.

If any static IP’s on the LAN side need internet access I’ll be sure to set their gateways to the Cosy’s LAN port’s IP.