Two Ewon Cosy as a Tunnel?

It is possible to make a tunnel between two ewon cosy 131 4g ? In one end i hace a PLC and i want to extract Modbus TCP data from it. On the other side i have a computer with no internet acces, but i have another Ewon Cosy. So… its possible?

Yes, you can use one Cosy 131 to provide internet to another.

Does this answer your question or am I missing something? Here are some more details:

To allow internet access to LAN devices of the 4G Ewon (and hence the second Ewon), change the following settings in comcfg.txt:

• NatItf = 2 (NAT and TF on WAN)
  • FwrdToWAN = 1 (Forward LAN traffic to WAN)

You MUST also:

• Reboot to apply the changes
  • The LAN devices need to use the Ewon as their default gateway and have a valid DNS server configured

See also SSH-0068.

Hi, thank you for your repply. Let me explain a little bit more. On the computer side we are limited because we cannot install software. So i’m wondering if by using 2 of the EWON i could stabblish something like a tunnel, the data entering one EWON could be extrated by another EWON in a transparent manner to the ends…

Thank you again.

Yes, you can setup a 1:1 VPN connection between two Cosys that are able to connect over TCP/IP. I can’t find instructions for Cosy 131 specifically, but here are instructions using the Flexy series over the internet (cellular). You could do the same thing if they were both connected via a local ethernet connection. All of the settings in the GUI can also be found in comcfg.txt.

I will see if I can find instructions for the Cosy 131.