Unable to communicate with ANYBUS 7000 MODBUS - PROFIBUS COMMUNICATOR using ANYBUS Configuration Manager

I am using Anybus AB7000 to communicate MODBUS RTU PLC to DeltaV Profibus card.
Before starting this setup, while trying to communicate (Pressing Connect icon) with AB7000 using Configuration Manager, I am unable to connect to the AB7000. “No module was found, Retry?” message comes up. After Retry, Config line status shows Green. When I go to Communicator, right click and Press Connect. I get the same error and Config line status shows Red.

Hello,

Pressing the connect icon or right clicking on communicator should be doing the same thing in the software. It sounds like you might be having an issue on the COM port. Can you confirm that you are going to the RJ11 port of the device? I also recommend looking at Tools > port and make sure you have the correct com port selected. image

It this does not help resolve the issue can you provide me with a description of the LED’s and how they are flashing?

Best regards,
Deryck

Factory Restore Communicator.pdf (112.2 KB)

Hi Deryck
I tried connecting Anybus 7000 using a different laptop and a cable however could not get it to communicate.

I wanted to ask you if these products are covered under some warranty. We are planning to use this solution on multiple devices here at Sanofi and we had bought this equipment as a proof of concept from a third party. So we really need to sure of its functionality before ordering it in bulk.
Could you please help.

Hello,

Yes the device should be covered under warranty. Info on the policy and a link to the RMA portal can be found here:https://www.anybus.com/support/product-returns

Thanks Deryck

So in this case, will the case be transferred to RMA or we will have to go the third party vendor from whom we purchased?

Since your distributor purchased the device from us they should be the one to request the RMA.

Deryck

hi deryck
we are required to provide a ticket# for this service request to our distributor. could you please help me with this?

Hi,

What they would be needing is this topic number: 36075

Thanks Zach…

Also I wanted to know, if this model that we have purchased (Anybus 7000), is it obsolete? If so could you please let me know which is the latest version of it before we order next set of devices?

The AB7000 is still being made. AB7000-C would be the current iteration that is being manufactured but older iterations are the same device.