Unable to connect using Ecatcher

Hi

Since a couple of days, we are not able anymore to any of our EWON installed using Ecatcher from work computer. From my personnel computer, everything is working.

The error we got at this time was :: UNABLE to establish the VPN tunnel

First we review practically all the online help

First : we clean the Windows TAP adaptor registery where there was duplication of one item (Without success)

• Second, we tried the two following recommended actions

Without success again.

The software has been uninstalled and re-installed. We also during this process, remove all remaining file in the Ecatcher program files folder.

Then, still have connection problem, error message are changed :

With NETSH default configuration :

The in DHCP mode

I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Not sure if it is related, but since the last Windows update, we are not able to connected anymore.

We test the talktome connection checker ; everything is OK for the communication

ANY Clue ???

Best regards

Normand Gilbert***,****** ing, M.ing***

Can I try jumping on teamviewer when you’re free to see if I can get it up and running?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

Making a follow up. Let me know when you are ready to jump in!!!

Today, available up to 14H30 today

Normand Gilbert***,****** ing, M.ing***

Can you send me your TeamViewer info and I can try to take a look?

Hi Normand,

I just heard from one of my colleagues that you were trying to respond to this ticket but he thinks you changed the subject line of the email so it never went through to us. This is the ticket that we currently have up online. Can you let me know when you’re available again to work on this?

Hi again

Still available today. Here is the new login information.

Hi Normand,

Did the hot spot connection allow you to get onto the VPN?

Back on Hot spot

Hi Normand,

Could you maybe try and close down and reopen teamviewer? I’m getting an error saying my partner’s teamviewer isn’t online

Done

Hi

I am still connect via hotspot. Let me know if you want me to come back on the company network!

Hi Tim

First, I would like to inform you that Ecatcher did not work when I am creating a user outside our company domain. There is no change at all on the behavior of the connection.

Quick question. I notified that the IP address for the IPV Version 4 is at a fix address without any designation. Is that normal ? I change th configuration to Auto IP Address without success. However, when I come back to the configuration after a test, it is setup as shown below.

Best regards

Normand, ing, M.ing

Hi Normand,

When you install our TAP Adapter it should give you the correct IP address but it looks like it’s blank on yours. If you go into this section:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2M\Talk2mVpnService\drivers

and then run the deltapall.bat as administrator, then you should be able to delete the current TAP adapter. After that run the addtap.bat as administrator and it should install the TAP adapter again. The last thing you need to do is run the renametap.vbs file and it should have a lot of prompts come up that you’ll have to hit ok on. After that it should be back to its default settings and have the correct IP info.

Since we were able to confirm that the PC is able to get online with a hot spot connection though, there is definitely something on your network that is blocking the VPN connection to your devices. The doc below has a list of all of the ports and addresses that need to be open. You also need to make sure that OpenVPN isn’t blocked on your network.

kb-0209-00-en-adresses-and-ports-used-by-talk2m.pdf (290.9 KB)

If it’s still having problems after that we may need to take a wireshark capture if it’s still not able to connect after this

Hi Tim

We have been in touch yesterday and assist when we connect with somebody in Belgium. (You colleague Kyle was involved too),

We are supposed to reconnect this morning.

I am ready when you are.

Thanks

Best regards

Normand Gilbert***,***ing, M.ing

Hi Normand,

Can you send us your Teamviewer ID and Password?

Thanks,
-Tim

Here it is :

Thank you,

Simon said he should be free in 20-30 minutes to help take a look at this.

-Tim

Perfect. Just connect when he is ready