Unable to download to PanelView 800

I’m unable to download to a PanelView 800 v6.012 through my Cozy 131 v14.5s1. Like others, I can upload from the PanelView and fully see its properties in RSLinx. I’m also able to TightVNC into the PanelView. I have changed to TCP 443 and increased the CCW timeout to 15 sec (max) and still do not have any luck. The error in CCW is:

Connecting to graphic terminal…
Succeeded
Preparing device for download. This may take some time to execute…
Downloading application…File download failed!

I’ve rebooted the PanelView and Cozy many times since making the port changes. I am also able to download to a Micro850 PLC on the same network without issues. Any other suggestions?

Have you added the Panel View in eCatcher?

Does the connection work with M2Web?

Yes, I’ve tried both, adding the PanelView to eCatcher with all protocols including ping and also configuring eCatcher with standard firewall and still cannot download to it. I can ping and do everything else including updating the PanelView firmware when connected through eCatcher. I can see and control the PanelView screens via M2Web using VNC but cannot download to it. No issues downloading to the PanelView when on the local network.

Hello,

I created a ticket in our support portal, because i will need to escalate the issue.

Can you check the email for your login and for the backup with support files

Hello guys,

Just wondering if you found a solution to this issue?
I’m having the exact same problem as @IDKFA

We are still testing this issue.

If you ping the PLC remotely, what are the speeds that you are recieving?

When pinging the panel remotely typical response time is 500ms.

I have found through testing the download works consistently when using panel firmware 5.011 but not on 6.011 or 7.011. So this could possibly be something Rockwell changed.

Any luck on resolving this issue? I am having the same issue. Changed the timeout to 1500 with no success.

PanelView 800 from firmware v5 to v6 has the download transfer speed is increased as a change in feature. This speed increase has also increased the packet transfer size from 546 length (492 Bytes) in v5 to 1514 length (1460 Bytes) in v6. I’m getting the same error as listed in the original post.

Connecting to graphic terminal…
Succeeded
Preparing device for download. This may take some time to execute…
Downloading application…File download failed!

Can you change the MTU size within the Ewon?

Yes, you can change the MTU size in the TAP adapter in Windows:

However, 1500 is the maximum size, so I’m not sure there is anything we can do about it.

I also discovered this in the release note for 6.012:

I’m not sure if it’s related or not.