Unable to use a custom Open VPN server with e-Won

Hello,

We wanted to use an Open VPN server instead of T2M vpn provided by e-Won. We followed the instructions provided in KB-0018-0 (https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/kb-0018-0-en_using_ewon_with_openvpn.pdf) to setup but e-Won is not able to create the VPN tunnel.

While looking at the logs we see the below error:

Cannot load certificate file /var/run/openvpn_ewon.cert:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line: error:140AD009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:PEM lib

We have uploaded the cacert, secret.key and secret.crt into the /usr directory of e-won. Please assist with this issue.

Warm regards,
Subrat Singh
AlertEnterprise
510-456-8597
subrat.singh@alertenterprise.com

Hello,

Can you make sure that you have your cosy updated to the most recent firmware 13.2. Also can you send us a backup.tar file of the device through ebuddy with the support files included?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your response. Attached is the backup tar file taken from ebuddy with support files included. Appreciate your help with this.

Warm regards,
Subrat Singh

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (225 KB)

Hi Subrat,

Can you try and reference the post below and let me know if you’re still running into issues?

Hello Tim ,

As advised , I followed up with the thread and made necessary changes like copying client.ovpn file into +/usr/ directory mentioning the file path in VPNCONFIG . Now realtime logs is showing this error :-

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in /var/run/OpenVPN-eWSuYR:31: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!©©@©©@©©@!gJusr/ca.crt (2.0.9)

Please Assist further !

Thanks

Is there any chance that this SMTP server uses TLS?

Hi Tim, I am not aware of using any SMTP server. Any SMTP server configuration might have come with default e-Won. Thanks for your continued support.

Regards,
Subrat

Whoops sorry about that I think I got this confused with one of the other cases I was working on.

I think I may need to escalate this issue to Belgium to get some more information on this one. I’m going to create a systemtool ticket and you should receive an email about this soon

Thanks Tim. Looking forward to the email and do the necessary steps to resolve.

Regards,
Subrat