Unreliable Connection to eCatcher/VPN over Verizon 4G

We have several deployed Flexy 205s, all with essentially the same configs. Several of our Flexys have extremely unreliable accessibility via the eCatcher VPN. We are pretty confident this is not an issue with cell service availability as there is a second Flexy in close proximity (200 ft) which works just fine. The signal reception is always >25 whenever we have checked. In summary, right now 2/5 Flexys have unreliable connection, 3/5 have good connection, and all of these have essentially the same configs and hardware. The devices with bad connection seems to connect for a short amount of time pseudo-randomly, then disconnect for a long period of time.

Service is provided by Enabling Elements on Verizon network. We are using the FLB3203 for the cellular connection.

I’ve attached the backup with support files for one of the devices not working, as well as the config and logs of the flexy (not sure if those were already included in the tar). There are some pretty obvious errors happening frequently, but I am not sure what they mean or how to fix them. I’ve also attached some logs from Enabling Elements which shows some odd behavior on their network.

Thanks in advance for help to resolve our issue,
Josh

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (184 KB)
ircall (2).bin (8 Bytes)
Events.htm (278.3 KB)
config (1).txt (3.8 KB)
events.txt (141.3 KB)
HUMATICS_VLTE854.xlsx (13.8 KB)

Hi @jsenna

Can we try and take a backup from one of the working devices and restore it onto one of the devices that you’re having issues with and see if it’s still running into problems?

It is possible, but difficulty and risky without knowing a root cause. Our devices are difficult to access and if we lose access completely (e.g. from some config mismatch) it will negatively impact our project.

Is it possible to perform a “diff” between 2 backups? I’ve uploaded our working Flexy, is there a way HMS can see the differences between them? (Or give us instructions on how we can do this?)
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (335.5 KB)

As far as flashing the backups to a different Flexy, I have a few questions:

• Would the unique naming of the Flexy be preserved? Or would it be flashed with the name of the unit we backed up from?

• Would this break the registration with eCatcher? E.g. would we now have 2 Flexys effectively registered as one?

• What about WAN access? I know there are several passwords/keys used for connecting the 4G card to the network, I’m not sure if these are the same on all devices or unique, but in general would these settings being duplicated cause any issues?

To summarize, these units are fielded so I would strongly prefer to understand if there are any relevant differences in the configs before re-flashing the problematic units.

Thanks,
Josh

We don’t really have a way to find all the differences between the two devices easily. When I was taking a look through these tar files, I didn’t see anything jumping out at me. Could we schedule a time when I can try and take a look at the device over teamviewer when you’re available?

We’re free 8:00AM to 5:00PM M-F

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

Which device would you like to look at (working or non-working)? The devices which are not functioning reliably will be difficult to access over team-viewer as it’s difficult to say when they’ll be online.

One of the devices which is now working reliably had some similar errors in the past, but they seemed to resolved themselves somehow… Maybe we could start by looking at that one with those errors?

Alternatively you could share your email/phone and I could notify you as soon as I see the device become available (within your 8am-5pm window)?

Thanks,
Josh

The device is online now and I can support now as well. Feel free to send me an email or call so I can share the teamviewer details.

Thanks,
Josh

Topic closed due to inactivity.