Unstable Ewon Connection

I have an eWon Cosy device s/n 1814-0063-39 guessing its a 131 but not sure…(no notes from person who configured device…and i am having an unstable connection to an allen bradley PLC. I will be able to see plc online for about 30 sec and then will lose connection for about 5 min. Not really sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Nathan.

Hello,

Is the communication unstable when you remote into the unit? Or is is unstable while directed connected to the device?

If you are trying to upload/download a program from the PLC, the transfer rate will be very slow. Unfortunately, this is an active issue with how AB handles the communication protocol. AB is aware of the issue.

Hi Keven,

I am aware of the long DL/UL times and this is not an issue. My issue is like you stated when I am trying to remote into the machine while connected to the router, I am having issues seeing the device without being disconnected shortly after.

Understood.

Can you provide a backup with support files of the unit? It could be an issue with latency as well. How is the Ewon connected to the internet?

This device is connected via ethernet and seems to have a solid connection. However, now the machine has been taken offline (most likely powered down the machine) and I am not sure when it will be back online. I am not sure how to provide a backup for this unit. Could you walk me through it?

Thanks

You can follow the process in the post below: