Unwanted re-registration of ewon

Hello,

I noticed that an Ewon had re-registered itself without any prompt and I was wondering why it would do that? When doing so, it delete all of it’s settings (about 200 Tags and BASIC script). I would like to prevent this from happening again and was wondering if you could help me understand what might cause this to happen? Note that the Ewon was offline for about 2 months before this happened…

Thanks,

Yoni

Hello,

Was this device factory reset? If not the The activation key is still stored in the unit. When it connected to the internet it used the acitvation from you account to connect to the VPN. If you would like for this no occur again, I advise performing a factory reset on the unit and to delete the entry within eCatcher.

I’m not quite sure I understand what happened here. The Ewon was activated about 2 years ago and had a working internet connection and VPN. The Ewon was put offline on the 21st of November 2020, and was probably disconnected from a power source until the 9th of February 2021 (you can see the Ewon status ONLINE). When it connected, you can see that the old serial number was ‘overwritten’ by a new one, which is what probably caused the Ewon to lose all of it’s configurations (Tags and BASIC script).

What I want to know is why this happened and what can I do to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,

Yoni

Hello,

This could be an issue where the device was replaced, and the activation key was used on a different unit.

Can you verify the serial number of the unit on site?